The Hanson Youth Soccer Instructional Program is designed for both boys and girls (Pre-K through Grade 2) to learn as part of our fun, recreational environment. The main objective of the program is for children to have fun playing soccer in an organized program, while also learning soccer skills, teamwork, sportsmanship, etc. The program consists of an 7-week season.
The smaller teams and copious playing time allows every player to have more touches on the ball. This will build on their soccer skills more quickly than sitting on a sideline!
Grade 1 and 2
Hanson Youth Soccer is excited to announce that we are continuing our partnership with Whitman Youth Soccer by creating a joint recreation program for the first graders.
Key Program Features
- Choice of 2 1-hour skills session: 6PM at Whitman Middle School or 4PM at Robinson Field
- 1 hour 4v4 appropriate games that more closely align with U.S. Soccer development guidelines
- Saturday games rotating between Robinson St Field and Whitman Middle and weekday practices as arranged by the parent-coaches.
- Weekly skill sessions to be offered to players.
- Mixed-ability teams made up of both Whitman and Hanson players.
- Teams coached by pairings of Hanson and Whitman parent-coaches (assuming an adequate number of volunteers from both towns).
The U6 program will run from 9:30am - 10:30am on Saturdays. All players will participate in a skills development program for the first half of the session followed by a game in the second half of the session. The program will be held at the Robinson Street Field. Fall participants will be given a soccer ball sized appropriately for children from kindergarten to 2nd grade.
Pre-K Kicker Program
The Pre-K Kickers program will run from 9am-10am on Tuesday & Wednesday for 3, 4 & 5 year olds and from 8:30am-9:30am on Saturdays for 4 & 5 year olds. All programs will be held at the Robinson Street field. It will ask you to choose one of the three days you'd like to attend during the registration process. Children can wear cleats/sneakers, shin guards, and a T-shirt is included in price.
Complete registration through our online registration program.